Monday, September 14, 2009

Roll Tide and Another Finished Pumpkin Project

This past Saturday my friend Elizabeth, her boyfriend Dayton, and his little girl Allie came over to watch the Alabama game. We had so much fun and Alyvia and Allie played so well together through the entire game. Alabama played FIU and needless to say we kicked some Florida International hiney!!! As you can see in the picture, I live in a divided house. Matthew has on his Texas Longhorns shirt and I have on my Alabama shirt and houndstooth scarf. He likes Alabama too, but he is a Longhorns fan first :-(.


This is my friend, Elizabeth, of almost 12 years and myself. We met our freshman year of highschool. She loves Alabama football just as much as I do, if not more!




Kimba over at http://asoftplacetoland-kimba.blogspot.com/ is having DIY Day. Go on over there to see a ton of great ideas!





When my sister in law and her husband got married in 2005, one of her flower arrangements at her shower was in a real pumpkin. I loved it then and I have wanted one since, but one that would last longer than a week. So, like I said in my last post I love the Funkins Pumpkins at Hobby Lobby.

I put little black dots where I wanted to cut the top out of it. It is very easy to cut them, I used my husband's pocket knife.



At first it wasn't looking so great, I wasn't sure that I liked it. I knew I was going to have to add something around the edges to hide where I had cut the top out of the it. The edges were uneven and looked choppy to me.


So I added a little bit of Spanish Moss around the top and let it hang out of the top and fall down the sides. I decided to hang the top of the pumpkin on the side with a ribbon. Now it was looking a little better. After a little re-arranging I was finally getting the look that I was after. I added a bow and its finished...for the moment.



Here she is in her resting spot for this fall. The color in this next picture is poor. The coloring is more true in the picture above.

So it's a wrap and now I am ready to start something else, just not sure what yet...hmmmm.

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the four of us! The girls are so cute and I love our scarves! Thank you again for mine. You are so stinkin' creative! Your pumpkin looks absolutely perfect. I want one and since we both know I am not at all creative I need you to make me one and bill me lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how pretty is that??? Super cute! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pumpkin as a vase! Awesome and so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! You brought me memories of my wedding!... We used those same pumpkins and made some arrangements like this... :) (This is Amelia!)... I'm glad you have a blog now! You're so creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this so much, I am featuring it tomorrow at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my 'featured' button.

    ReplyDelete